Sunday 13 January 2013

/2/ fruit salad

The first week back at College for me was spent hurriedly writing an essay (on 1840s German Novellas) and revising for my mock exams (on German historical linguistics). That means there were days I didn’t leave the house and made my desk into my nest/safe space/study zone.

IMG_4663

I have a lot of tricks and tools which I use to get myself in the zone: fresh plants on my desk, a candle, Brahms in the background, wearing a certain type of perfume, a mug of Earl Grey… and, my favourite, fruit salad.

IMG_4666

It’s healthy, there’s vitamins and sugar and calcium and fibre, you can have it for breakfast, lunch, dessert or even just a snack, it’s super quick and easy to make and you can nibble at it all day.

I just chop up some fruit (usually apples, pears, oranges/clementines, bananas and other fruits in the summer if there are some, add a “dressing” of yoghurt mixed with orange juice, and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top. Perfect!

IMG_4671IMG_4661IMG_4662signature

1 comment:

  1. OH I WANT SOME.

    and your camera. You're officially a proper blogger now :-)

    ReplyDelete

Any comments?