Tuesday 7 December 2010

Advent 2010 VII: Lights out!

Yesterday when I got home from work, there was no electricity in my room or in the room next to it, so I carried a load of candles into my room, which is what today’s advent photo shows. I hope you’ll accept it even though it’s from yesterday :P

DSCF4218

Until Anna got home and fixed it by flicking some switch, I sat at the dining table watching Breakfast at Tiffany’s. It was better than I had expected, but I had expected syrup poured over dolls so that’s not saying much. I was mildly entertained, and impressed by Audrey Hepburn’s acting. The fact that it was adapted from a novel saved it, I think, and gave the conversations a subtler humour than most Hollywood writers achieve.

I have pretty low energy-levels again today, but on Friday I’m going to Reykjavik and I’m very excited for that!

In the last few days I’ve also been thinking about how excited I am to see my family again three weeks (and a few hours) from now! I really miss them, all three. <3

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Fröhliche Weihnachten & Gleðileg Jol!

xxxF

P.S. In the mornings I have been listening to the Beebadeeb radio, in particular the Northern Irish ‘Colin Murphy Show’, the wonderfully geeky ‘Inftinite Monkey Cage’ and of course the Nicholas Parson’s led ‘Just a Minute’. I love the BBC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?