Monday 6 September 2010

Draw a new face and laugh

OK. Ten seconds ago I was grumpy, but I just watched a cat try to catch a butterfly and it ws so cute I can’t be grumpy now.

I was grumpy because the album of covers I have been trying for weeks to record is just not coming together! It’s because I have neither a microphone, nor an electro-acoustic guitar, nor any audio software other than Audacity. I hate that having money means your music CDs are of higher quality.

The songs I’m recording are the seven (or eight) songs which are the playlist of the SEEDS camp:

  • Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
  • Johnny Cash – Ring of Fire
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama
  • Jason Mraz – I’m Yours
  • Á Móti Sól - Rangur Maður
  • KT Tunstall – Through the Dark
  • Green Day – Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
  • [The Babel Project (Me) – May]

So now I’ve just deleted everything I’ve done over the past weeks and am starting again. No more producing, or editing. I’m just pressing ‘record’ on my camera (which has a video setting) and playing the songs. Then I’m going to extract the audio from the video, cut it up into eight bits and shove it on a disc.

I’ve checked with my host (Anna) if I could rather be an au pair than that student ghing and she basically said fine so it’s all good for the time being :) I love how easy-going and kind she is. I’m really looking forward to seeing the people I met there again – James of course, but also the Annas, David, Arna and Big Magnus and their kids, and cute Little Magnus… and of course that’s not everyone! I’m really looking forward to meeting SJ, Anna’s granddaughter, for whom I will be the au pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?