Tuesday 21 June 2011

Garden Party, it’s on me

You must have heard Joanna Newsom’s 81, and if not I recommend you go now. At first listen it appears very feminine (not usually my style), but once you listen to the lyrics and appreciate the Spartan arrangement of the harp, I think you’ll love it.

Somewhat inspired by that song, and also inspired by various other bloggers, I made a little video. Music by me. Que’est-ce que vous en pensez? // What do you think of it?

This outfit is what I wore today during my TopShop interview; they told me to wear ‘anything I like’ but to ‘bear in mind TopShop is a fashion retailer’. I hope I did ok; well, I like what I’m wearing! The interview went quite well, I think, though obviously I don’t really know. The first part was a group interview where we brain-stormed what people expect from TopShop, how to sell items of clothing according to their features and benefits, and what the perfect shop assistant is like. Then we were told to go find an outfit to fit a particular brief (mine was girl-who-has-recently-been-dumped-goes-out-on-the-pull-with-her-friends), and finally was the interview with relatively normal interview questions.

Not totally normal though; I was asked what my biggest fashion faux pas and my favourite animal are, but nothing about my previous work experience or questions like “How would you deal with a difficult customer” or “Tell me of a time where you’ve had to work in a team to solve a problem.” O.o To each is own. I’d love to get this job.

We’ll see!

Joanna Newsom’s 81

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?