Monday 4 April 2011

iii Macedonia?

Did I… blog… yesterday? No? Oh well, just count this as yesterday’s post.

I’ve been stressing out a lot about my summer, and that’s mainly because I have no idea what I want to do.

There are a couple of plans which have firmed up that I am looking forward to: stewarding two festivals (WOOD in Oxfordshire and Shambala in a mystery location) which feature things such as bicycle-powered stages and party yurts; and spending a week or two in Spain with two friends. Other than that, I hope to spend a week in Munich with my mother.

So where’s the dilemma, you ask? I want to go inter-railing, but none of my friends are interested. I’ll try to keep it short and lose the self-pity, but everybody’s either looking for work experience, or travelling with family. Apart from that they just don’t seem interested.

So I looked into volunteering… but it’s so expensive! I thought at first of doing a camp in Greece and then in Macedonia, and then on to Munich for that week with my Mum, and finally interrailing back to the UK. But I realised that Macedonia is essentially a pit of sinking sand. It costs tuppence to get in and an arm and a leg to leave!

There’s such a big part of me which just wants to go back to Iceland… but that’s also extremely expensive. The fact is I am closing doors for myself. I don’t want to travel alone for long – staying in youth hostels and farms isn’t much fun without a companion, at least for shy, unexperienced me.

I’ll try to figure it out. But it is causing me way more stress than it should!

**************************************************

Bloquiry

What are you plannign for your holidays this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?