Tuesday 5 April 2011

v tired tag game

I am very tired. Not quite sure why that is. I think it’s a combination of my persistent cold, my run, the fact that I finished All Quiet on the Western Front today (gratifying, but it took 2 and a half hours, and it’s a very emotionally draining book!). The most frustrating thing was my water bottle exploded and I only realised after about twenty minutes so all my books are soaked!

I continued backwards calorie counting and I’ve reached about 1350 by now. I’m pretty pleased about that, but it takes a lot of work. I hope that after a few weeks recognising healthier options and delaying cravings will become second nature to me. In a sick way I’m enjoying all the maths.

Leaving all that aside, I’m doing a book tag game today. I tag all of you reading – if you do it, please leave me a comment letting me know! Some of the questions are a bit dumb but it is what it is.

Bloquiry

Do the Booky Wooky Book Tag Game!

Questions:
1. What book would you take on a long flight?
I love buying a mystery book in the airport lounge just before I go. Not something which I’ve been wanting to read for ages, just an attractive cover or an author’s name I recall, or if it’s on the recommended/best seller’s pile. I read Stephen Fry’s ‘The Liar’ like this last year and it was great fun!

2. What is your guilty pleasure?
Hmmm… I guess this means guilty pleasure book. I don’t know if I have a guilty pleasure reading book. Maybe at the moment it’s a collection of Pablo Neruda’s poetry. I love reading the Spanish poems and enjoying the beautiful sounds, picking up a little bit of the meaning and then reading and comparing the English version. At the moment I really love Heights of Macchu Pichu XI, of which I have a different translation.

3. Three characters from any book that you wish you could be friends with?
Instant reaction is Remus Lupin from the Harry Potter series. I’ve been deeply in love with him since day one. Then, and this is a risky one because she’s a mess, Kerewin Holmes from Keri Hulme’s ‘The Bone People’. This is one of my favourite books, and the one which provoked the strongest reaction in me. Finally… perhaps Ronja from Astrid Lindgren’s ‘Ronja the Robber’s Daughter’. One kind and fascinating werewolf professor (alive, preferably), one strange and insurmountable woman, and one feisty Swedish tomboy.

4. What's your shoe size?

5. If you could write a book, name a title and a brief synopsis..
I have so many ideas and can’t pick a favourite. Let me tell you my most recent idea. A socially awkward girl/young woman who collects potential crimes she carefully gathers knives, odd rocks and objects from wherever she goes which could have been murder weapons. She notes down anything suspicious in great detail with precise times. She takes note of odd stains on carpets, and hairs left on bookshelves. This is because if there is ever a police appeal asking “any witnesses please contact us” she can help catch a criminals. This is not because she has a large ego, but because she is fervently public spirited, even a bit obsessive. Probably because something happened to her family in the past and nobody had any information.

6. What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Yay, super relevant question. I like Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia.

7. What book are you currently reading?
Well, I just finished ‘All Quiet on the Western Front’! I’m a few pages into ‘The Communist Manifesto’, about to begin ‘Auntie Mame’ and always half reading ‘The Loom of Language’. I’ve also been reading this work of art since last May. I think I’ll never finish it.

8. What room do you film your YouTube videos/write your blogs in?

9. Best YA series you've ever read?
I don’t really think I’ve ever read a YA series. I read a few Wicca/Sweep books by Cate Tiernan, then there’s Harry Potter, and I reckon that’s pretty much it other than Twilight. Oh, wait I just remembered! I inherited almost all of the Animorphs series from my cousin and I really loved them.

10. What is your best physical attribute?

11. Do you read Manga or comics? If so, name your favorite series.
Manga: Gravitation is the only series I ever read all the way through; I also touched Chobits and Hellsing. I really liked Hellsing. As for comics, I have always loved Asterix.

12. Do you sleep on your side or your stomach?

13. Favorite book mark?
I collect leather bookmarks. You get them from museums and churches and things. My favourite one is gold and from The Tomb of the Eagles on Orkney.

14. What song are you currently listening to on your iPod?
My iPod is almost always on shuffle nowadays. I’ve got Tracy Chapman’s Fast Car in my head.

15. Worst summer job you've ever had?
16. What's your favourite type of music, or band?

So… sorry about that.

P.S. Ellie commented on my last post, and I shall stick to my promise! Keep your eyes peeled for a blog extolling Ellie’s virtues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?